[Halo] Whose Baby 2007 - Results

Jan Havel jan.havel at actum.cz
Mon Aug 20 22:48:00 CEST 2007

Dear Hippies, beloved ultimate friends,

Remaining kilos of pork have been consumed, the stage of Woodstock 2007
disassembled, and fields of Predboj became, for yet another year, deserted.
The time has come to say public thanks to all participating teams for
allowing the organizing team Prague 7 to enjoy their 10th tournament as
never before.

On the fields, for the 4th time in a row, Yellow Fever showed that Predboj
has some good vibrations for them winning over Endzonis (Hippizonis) in a
fair and nice final.

Off the fields, the vibrations were all around us. Saturday saw 75 kg of
meat disappear among a little over 140 players present at the dinner. At
10pm local time, when all hippies gathered around the bar, the eagerly
expected Woodstock 2007 opened its stage for bands from all over Europe.

This year's highlights included the traditional singers Hippizonis from
Rostock, Paradisco Jena whose performance was accompanied with an awesome
dance which, quite justly, earned them a special award for the best
performance, Leipzig tunes of Saxy Divers, a brave three-men show of WD40,
Frizmi's wonderful show (another award) that combined three teams from
Slovenia and Croatia, SPIN's special Whose-Baby remake of Scott McKenzie's
San Francisco, Drehst'n Deckel and the unforgettable voice of Suzi, RJP
Squad with their Polish song about a wife and something, Scorpions bringing
their wonderful art from Slovakia, and an incredible performance by Terrible
Monkeys of a Czech song with consecutive Czech-to-German translation (the
third award). The Woodstock 2007 closed with everybody dancing Prague 7's
loved Shiny Happy People...

Quite like last year, the tournament had an unbelievable luck with the
weather. In Prague, the rain stopped on Friday evening. Teams left after a
sunny weekend at about 5pm on Sunday and 7pm a heavy rain started which has
lasted until now. SPECIAL THANKS go to Endzonis! These guys asked us to move
the date of the tournament by a week which we did. Without them, everybody
would have to suffer the rainy weekend of eight days ago.

Yellow Mellow joins the hall of fame of tournament drinks among names as El
Pollo Diablo, Pangalactic Gargleblaster or Turbo of previous years. Last but
not least, Jakob (SPIN) showed a lucky hand with the lottery. He got three
lottery tickes (out of several hundred) and all of them won one of the 12
prizes.

Your vote of 277 flowers gave the tournament's Spirit of the Game to the
organizing Prague 7 adding a lot to the already huge emotions we had at the
end.

The list of those we love and appreciate could go on forever. You have to
come and see for yourself at Whose Baby 2008.

And we promise -- It's gonna be a blast!

Love and peace, Prague 7